Who We Are:
WBUR is Boston’s NPR and a public media leader committed to exceptional journalism on-air, online, on-demand and on stage. Our mission is to produce high-quality journalism and enriching experiences that foster understanding, connection and community for an expanding circle of people. Our vision is to become a daily habit for every person in Boston and beyond who seeks to engage with the most consequential issues of our times.
WBUR is best known as an exceptional audio brand, reaching 7 million listeners across the country each week with two national radio programs, On Point and Here & Now . A pioneering podcaster, we’ve built new audiences with chart-topping, critically acclaimed podcasts like Modern Love , Dear Sugars , Endless Thread , Circle Round , Anything for Selena and Consider This .
In addition to our national reach, WBUR has one of the strongest local newsrooms in the country. We are a trusted and beloved local news source, known for reporting original stories that provide insight and cultural context to audiences in Boston and the region.
Beyond audio, we produce an impressive roster of newsletters from WBUR Today to CommonHealth to Cooked and short-run election guides. WBUR’s CitySpace — a stunning, state-of-the-art events venue sets us apart. This street-facing ground floor space is home to more than a dozen events each month that put WBUR at the center of civic conversation in the city.
Audience support makes WBUR possible. As a non-profit, WBUR has no paywall and no subscription fee to access our journalism — thanks to businesses that support our mission and want to reach our audiences, and people who give voluntarily to become WBUR Members , keeping independent journalism accessible for all.
- Morning Edition (5 to 9 a.m. weekdays) with Rupa Shenoy is a morning staple for listeners across New England, as one of the top-rated news programs in all of Boston radio.
- On Point (10 to 11 a.m. weekdays), hosted by Meghna Chakrabarti leads provocative conversations that help make sense of the world. Each show is a deeply researched, beautifully produced hour by WBUR in Boston, distributed by American Public Media.
- Radio Boston (11 a.m. to noon and 3 to 4 p.m. on weekdays), hosted by Tiziana Dearing , features provocative stories and authentic voices, reflecting what is unique about this city, state and region.
- Here & Now (noon to 2 p.m. weekdays), with Robin Young , Scott Tong and Deepa Fernandes, reaches nearly 90% of the U.S. with compelling newsmagazine-style content, plus breaking news and great conversations.
- All Things Considered (4 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays) with Lisa Mullins is the afternoon counterpart to Morning Edition , consisting of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries and insightful features on arts, music and entertainment. It is one of the most listened-to afternoon drive-time news radio programs in the city.
- Make A Donation
- Become A Member
- Donate Your Car
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Support WBUR By Shopping Amazon Via This Link